The title is a mouthful and so is this delicious entree’! Sometimes I love when I have to be crafty in the kitchen all while being a bit thrifty. With our camper renovation draining some cash this summer, it was critical that I budgeted and couponed well. I came up with this delicious dinner and literally cannot wait to have it again!
I was totally winging it as I made these so I didn’t take any photos aside from the one above, but I promise that this recipe is super easy and pretty cheap.
- 3 pack of portobello mushrooms (found on clearance for $2.50/pack and had a $1.00 off store coupon!)
- 1 lb lean ground beef ($3.50)
- 1.25 cups of instant rice (I buy these when they are on the 10 for $10 event at my store)
- 1 cup of fresh spinach (we grow ours)
- 1/2 a bar of cream cheese (I used the onion infused one for some flavor, also a 10 for $10 item!)
- 1/2 cup of colby jack shredded cheese (I buy whichever cheese is usually 2 for $4.00)
- Your choice of spices to taste. I use garlic salt, pepper, onion salt, season salt and olive oil.
Most of the ingredients can be used more than 1x and this recipe really is great and fairly cheap at about $3.50/person. It was a HUGE hit in our house and I will definitely be scouring our store for some more deals on these ingredients.
- Brown the ground beef and season to taste
- While the beef is browning, boil the water and prepare your rice.
- Once the beef is brown, add in the spinach and a bit of olive oil.
- Once the rice is steamed and ready add it to the beef/spinach mixture and then add the cream cheese and colby jack cheese. Mix well with a medium heat until the cream cheese and colby jack cheese are melted. If needed season as needed.
- In a small frying pan put about 1 tsp of olive oil and lightly brown each side of the portobello mushrooms (make sure to clean these first and remove the stem)
- Stuff the mushrooms and enjoy!