As a mom, I need easy, quick and vegetable hiding recipes. If you are a mom, you totally get what I mean. So let me present Cheesy Hamburger Rice, it is delicious and you will love it. PIN THIS NOW!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 package of Velveeta Cheese Sauce
- 1 can of diced green chilies (mild is best for kids)
- 1 can of mushrooms
- 1.5 cups of steamed rice
- Spices to taste
- Additional veggies if you would like that also taste great are shredded carrots, celery, squash and even eggplant! I try to put at least one of these in each time I cook this.
- Step 1: brown the ground beef in a large sauce pan. I like to add whatever spices my family likes (particularly garlic salt and pepper). While you are browning the meat, steam your rice.
- Step 2: Mix in the veggies and chilies into the meat. Sometimes it helps to add in a bit of olive oil if necessary. Cool them until they are soft and tender.
- Step 3: Mix the steamed cooked rice into the meat and veggie mixture.
- Step 4: Pour the Velveeta cheese into the meat and rice and mix well. Season to taste.
- Step 5: EAT THIS, Eat all of this because it is the most delicious thing ever!