My friend Censie over at Building Our Story has me hooked on decorating and creating something for my front door. I have featured several wreaths or door decor for each season/holiday, however, none was as easy and quick to make as this St. Patrick’s Day Wreath!
This wreath took me 3 minutes to make, and no I am not kidding. It also only cost $5.00 because I found all the items at the Dollar Tree. I love the simplicity, the fact that it would be something very easy for a child to help with and that it encompasses the light hearted, fun of St. Patrick’s Day!
Tools of the Trade:
- 3 feather boas from the dollar tree
- 1 package of the Foam Shamrocks
- 1 wire wreath frame
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Tie one end of a feather boa onto the wire wreath frame.
- Wrap the boa around the frame. When you come to the end of that boa, tie it off to the frame and cut the loose end or wrap it around the frame and attach with a dot of hot glue (I chose this option). Add the 2nd and 3rd boas as you did the first. You may want to add another boa or two to make it even fuller, but honestly I thought 3 worked perfect.
- Using your hot glue gun, attach the foam shamrocks to the feathers in whatever pattern and amount you love.
Hang and Enjoy!