Today I am linking up with The Mommyhood Chronicles for a super fun blog hop!
These are my top 5 laughs for this week!
1. I am a teacher…a high school teacher…a biology high school teacher. We are learning about body systems this week. I got the amazing pleasure of trying to explain hermaphrodites to 9th graders. One of my awesome students who apparently has no filter decided to correct me and tell me that if they have both parts its called a pagina (Pah-jin-a). I lost it and couldn’t stop laughing. Oh 9th graders.
2. Eyan was blessed with about 1000 gifts for his 1st birthday in April. We have slowly been bringing some of them out so that he never gets bored. Well we finally brought out the Playskool Busy Ball Popper (pictured below). Our little ninja decided that he would just continue to hit the balls all around and could not stop laughing at how they just kept bouncing back to him. Although the toy is annoying, he loves it…whatever makes him happy!
3. My cute pups both had to go to the vet for routine check ups last Sunday. My husband works graveyards and although he told me to wake him up so he could assist me in taking both 60+lb dogs to the vet. I just couldn’t wake the sleeping beauty cause he had only been sleeping for 1.5 hours after an 8 hour shift. So I loaded the dogs and the baby up in my truck and headed to PetSmart! We got to the store, my dogs are notorious for trying to escape out of the vehicle, so I got in the backseat and got my Moby Wrap out and strapped my 19 month old to me. Then I quickly jumped out of the Tahoe and ran to the back hatch to get the dogs. I barely opened the hatch and grabbed the leashes then opened the back hatch even more, so the dogs could jump out. Little did I know they had tangled their leashes up all over the back seat. So there I was in the cold with an gigantic baby hanging from me and two dogs tangled on my truck trying to escape. All I could do was laugh. A nice gentleman came to my rescue and Mia and Lily made it to the vet safe and sound!
4. This one is more of an embarrassing moment, but what the heck. I totally peed my pants on Wednesday. Yes, even if you have a C-Section, I think as long as you had hell pushing for 2 hours and an episiotomy, I am assuming the bladder control is crap for all. Apparently I did not empty my bladder all the way and I peed my pants a little when I started laughing. Damn you pelvic muscles, I guess its back to the kegals I go.
5. Last night my hubby and I decided we were going to use our Dish to rent Bridesmaids. Jason had never seen it, so I thought both of us could use some hysterical laughs (pee free of course!) Little did we know that you had to have a phone line attached to the dish to use it so my hubby watched the entire movie in a 3.5 hour period with several pauses as the movie “buffered!” I totally fell asleep, but I was impressed that he was committed to that movie.
What funny things happened to you this week?