Spring time in my parents house takes those sweet, loving, folks below and turns them into fanatics.
Racing fanatics. My mom, that stunning, attentive, loving and amazing woman who would drop everything to come to help me, will only do so, if a race is not on. You think I am kidding. I wish I was but she loves her some racing and it is the only time she has to herself sometimes. She takes full advantage of race days and closes her home down to watch amazing drivers, go fast and turn left.
|My mama, giving her everything to her family…needs her own downtime|
My mom’s love of racing has been around since before I can remember. The woman pretends she is a race car driver in the car, she quotes race car drivers, she has a race car Christmas tree and she has been to several races and even hung out on the infield. If there is a race day party to be had, she will be there, however, it is a very serious time and she will be watching that race, yelling at the drivers, plotting their routes and staying focused through the party while enjoying the food. However, there is one issue that my mom struggles with and that is heartburn. All that party food can really cause some issues for her.
|Nexium 24HR, the new #1 selling frequent heartburn brand*” *Based on IRI sales data 52 weeks ending 11/1/15 among OTC brands.|
I wanted some food items that were easy to cook, but could sit out and be snacked on as needed throughout the party. I decided on some slow cooker Pineapple BBQ Spicy Meatballs, Spicy Southwestern Guacamole (her favorite) and a Zesty Italian Salad. You can find the recipes below!
Pineapple BBQ Spicy Meatballs:
- 1 Package of premade Italian Meatballs.
- 1 Cup of BBQ sauce
- 1/2 can of pineapple tidbits
- 1/2 tsp of black pepper
- 1 TBS of dry rub
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix the BBQ sauce, pineapple, black pepper and dry rub. Set aside
- In your slow cooker, place the meatballs spread out on the bottom
- Cover the meatballs in the sauce you made above
- Cook on high for 2-3 hours
Spicy Southwestern Guacamole:
- 3 ripe avocados
- 1/2 can of corn
- 1/2 can of black beans
- 1 diced medium tomato
- 1/2 diced red onion
- 2 TBS of chopped cilantro
- 1 TBS of minced garlic
- Salt, chili powder and garlic salt to taste
- 1 juiced lime
- Mash up the avocado in a medium bowl.
- Add the ingredients above as listed.
- Add salt, chili powder and garlic salt to taste
- Mix well and serve!
- 1 head of romain lettuce chopped
- 1/2 a red onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 can of black olives
- 1/2 can of artichoke hearts
- 5-6 peperoncini’s
- Zesty Italian Dressing to taste
- Simply mix everything together in a bowl and serve