Valentine’s Day is a few short weeks away and as a busy mom I want to make sure that I am prepared! I also wanted to give Eyan’s classmates something cute but that encouraged learning. Enter the adorable Bookworm valentine. You really can’t beat something sweet and useful that encourages reading in kids!
This was one of the easiest DIY valentines that I have made in a long time. Last year I went a bit crazy and was up crafting for hours the night before his Valentine’s party. This year I needed something easy but I wanted to reinforce all the work that his teacher has been doing in class with reading, so I created this adorable bookmark for the kids to use! You can print yours here!
- Printable Bookworm Bookmark
- Printable Valentine’s Day Card
- 1 bag of gummi worms per 2 kids
- Treat sacks with bread ties
- Single hole punch
- Cardstock & a printer
- Fill each treat sack with a small handful of gummi worms and use the bread tie to tie it off. Leave the ends of the bread ties out to attach the bookmark.
- Print out the bookmark on cardstock and then using a single hole punch, punch a hole in the designated spot. Make a tassle out of the ribbon. I just cut a few strips and threaded them through the hole and then took another piece of ribbon and tied it around the top to secure the strips.
- Attach the bookmark to the treat sack by threading the bread tie through the hole in the bookmark. Twist and it is attached!
- As a final touch, I created a little Valentine’s Day Card to attach with a cute saying about reading and I taped it to the other side of the treat sack! The saying says”
Thanks for being a bookworm with me, and inching along through reading!
You can also print yours here!
I am so excited to share these with Eyan’s class. Please feel free to leave a link below to your Valentine’s Day snack!
LIKE IT, PIN IT, SHARE IT!