This is such a fun wreath and my hubby was pretty impressed with my mad skillz. I was able to make this one for under $10.00 as well. I got the wire frame from our local dollar tree, the garland was from there as well. I bought the ribbon from the craft store and the spider for less than $6.00, so the total cost of this wreath was $8.00. What a huge steal!
- Wire wreath frame
- Wired spiderweb ribbon
- Thin black ribbon
- First wrap the garland around the wire frame. If you want a fuller wreath, I suggest using 2 strands of garland. I only bought one and used it.
- Start making the web with the thin black ribbon. It is the basic dream catcher weave where you loop around the frame, then cross it under and then tighten. YOU ARE NOT making a not; you want it to slide a bit.
- Continue to weave the ribbon around until you finish in the center.
- Attach the spider to the web (mine had a clip but hot glue would have worked just fine)
- Make a bow out of the wire ribbon and attach it to the wreath at an angle. I just continued to tie bows and then fluffed it out a bit.
- Hang, smile and enjoy!
|A work in progress.