We waited and waited and the tiny peanut was just grabbing after any food item…
Fall brings change & with that comes new recipes and for us, more home cooking. I recently was introduced to some new food, new kitchen gadgets and a new cookbook all in the Food Favorites for Fall box that arrived at my doorstep. Check out all the goodies and scroll down to grab my sausage alfredo spaghetti bake.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by BabbleBoxx.com.
Food Favorites For Fall!
It is my FAVORITE time of year, so when I was sent a box of fall foods to test out, you can bet that I was all over that. This box was full of fun and excitement and included everything from a cookbook, to a kitchen gadget to snack foods and more. Check out the details below:
What’s In the Box?
- Organic Herbal Flavored Waters from Trader Joe’s: This zero calorie, zero sugar, zero sweetener flavored water has a subtle delicate flavor all from organic extracts. It is available in two flavors; Organic Lemon Ginger and Organic Lemongrass Spearmint.
- Negg®: This awesome little kitchen gadget makes peeling those hard boiled eggs fast and easy. Available for just $14.95 and made in the USA, it is the #1 hard-boiled egg peeler on the market.
- The Noodle Soup Oracle: This little out of the box cookbook is less cookbook and more of a mix and match guide to build delicious dishes in the comfort of your home. Noodle soup is a culinary staple but often left to the experts, this The Noodle Soup Oracle breaks the noodle soup process down to make it easy for anyone to make delicious and mouthwatering recipes with ease. Great as a gift too!
- Sun Dried Tomato Fruitons and Sun-Dried Cherry Fruitons from Traina Foods: A great addition to salads, ice cream, yogurt, granola or more, these real sun-dried fruits are a fantastic addition to anything.
- New RAGÚ Simply™ Creamy Alfredo with Cauliflower: A new spin on an old classic, this new RAGÚ is make with milk and cauliflower and has 1/2 the fat and calories of RAGÚ® Classic Alfredo Sauce. It is available exclusively at Walmart.
Putting The Food to the Test
Of course I had to try everything out. Honestly, testing things out is one of my favorite parts of being a blogger. I love trying new things and seeing how they fit in our lives. I started with the Trader Joe’s Organic Herbal Flavored Water. I opted for the Organic Lemongrass Spearmint and was a bit nervous.
I am not a flavored water person, but I have to admit, this was pretty refreshing and definitely smooth. I felt like it helped hydrate me quickly and that the flavors were not too strong. Next up was the Negg. Ok, I have seen this before and I wanted one really bad, because my family LIVES on hard-boiled eggs.
The kids eat them for breakfast, the husband takes them as a quick protein snack and they all enjoy them as a deviled egg side for dinners. I usually boil at least a dozen if not two dozen eggs a week and I peel nearly all of those to prep for my family. This Negg saves my hands and made peeling the eggs so easy. Just look at how easy the shell came off from just a quick shake of the egg in the Negg.
Next I checked out The Noodle Soup Oracle. I make a lot of soups, especially in the fall and winter months and this cookbook was a pleasant surprise in the box. I really liked that it gives a lot of different options to really make a soup that everyone in your family will enjoy.
I also really liked the pictures in the book. I often need visuals when I am cooking, so that is really helpful to see. I will say that I have not had a chance to make any soup recipes from the book, but that I am feeling a lot less nervous about trying my hand at Japanese noodle soups now that I have this book.
One of the last items that I tried out was the sun-dried fruits. Fruitons come in both tomato and cherry options and just opening the bags you can smell the great aromas. I love putting sun-dried tomatoes on salads and snacking on sun-dried fruit so this was definitely something that I devoured. The fruits are really flavorful, with the perfect texture (not too dry or chewy).
Sausage Alfredo Spaghetti Bake
The last item that I put to the test was the one I was most excited about. I love pasta, but my husband has massive heartburn issues so we tend to avoid them. I was eager to see if the New RAGÚ Simply™ Creamy Alfredo with Cauliflower would cause any issues for him so I put it to the test in one of our family’s favorite meals, the sausage alfredo spaghetti bake.
Putting the recipe together is simple. Brown some breakfast sausage, boil the spaghetti noodles and once those are cooked, combine them together with the New RAGÚ Simply™ Creamy Alfredo with Cauliflower and bake for 10 minutes.
I sometimes also will add mushrooms or squash or other veggies to the spaghetti bake as well. My family really enjoys it and it is the perfect simply fall recipe. I paired it with some deviled-eggs I made after using the Negg and a crisp iceberg lettuce salad with those tasty Fruitons sun-dried tomatoes and the result was a perfect dinner! Check out this link for more recipes to try with the new RAGÚ.