One of the most favorite dishes in our house is patty melts! These are literally so easy to make and so delicious. My husband loves them and the kids eat the heck out of these!
- 1 lb of ground beef
- 1 small can of diced mushrooms
- 1 packet of onion soup mix
- Some butter
- Garlic Salt
- Cheese of choice
- Mix the ground beef and packet of onion soup mix together and then create hamburger patties. Place them in a pan and sprinkle them with garlic salt.
- As the hamburgers are browning, prep your other ingredients. Soften your butter if needed and brush it on one side of each piece of bread. Open your can of mushrooms and drain them.
- To make the patty melt, place one piece of bread butter side down in a separate pan, then place your choice of cheese (I prefer swiss, but the kids love Velveeta) on the bread.
- Take a handful of mushrooms and place those on the bread.
- Next take a fully cooked hamburger patty and place that on top of the mushrooms.
- Then place the second piece of bread butter side up.
- Brown each side of the patty melt on medium heat.
- Pair with your favorite side and enjoy!