Once I had each piece cut out, I then used glue runners to assemble the card. On the inside of each card I wrote a special message to thank my friends who are coming to our party.
After the card was created, I went to work putting together the basket using the following supplies:
- Mixing Bowl ($1.50)
- Paper Shred ($0.99/bag)
- 2 festive hand towels ($1.00 each)
- Handmade card (Free if you have paper and supplies!)
- American Home™ by Yankee Candle® brand items (19″ candle-$15.00, Votives- $1.50 each, fragrance beads-$3.50)
- Kitchen utensils (around $1.00 each)
- First I placed the paper shred into the mixing bowl.
- Next I rolled up the hand towels and put them together in one side of the back of the bowl.
- I placed the handmade card in front of those.
- I created a “fan” of utensils in the back of the bowl, by pushing them into the paper shred.
- I then placed the American Home™ by Yankee Candle® brand items on the other side of the bowl. (For the picture I put all three, but for the individual baskets, I chose candles specific to my friends tastes, so each basket had a different candle option).
- I think I will add my friends favorite candies or even some tiny shooters to the front to give them a bit more depth, but for right now I am just in love with how this turned out and cannot wait to share it with them.