My sisters in-laws put on her bridal shower and she really did not want any gifts. In fact they did not register anywhere. People did however purchase a few little things so I was grateful for the bits of wrapping paper, tissue paper and ribbons to work with! In addition, I grabbed some pipe cleaners and scissors and hot glue as well as a paper plate from her shower. I figured my readers would be interested in learning how to make a couple of my favorite additions to the bouquet so I included two of the best ones!
- Take a single piece of tissue paper and fold it like an accordion.
- Once folder, use a pipe cleaner to secure the center.
- Start fluffy the poof by gently pulling the tissue paper folds apart around the pipe cleaner. Fluff until you are happy with the appearance.
- Using wrapping paper cut out several of the shapes you see in the picture top center.
- Take two pipe cleaners and wrap one around the other to create the center of the flower
- With the printed side of the wrapping paper facing you, wrap it around the pipe cleaner and secure with a small piece of tape.
- Repeat for the other side.
- Take the paper plate, cut a hole in the center and then cut a single line from the outside to the hold. Fold the place a bit so that you make a cone shape and secure it with some hot glue.
- Take your calla lily’s and poke them through the hole in the center. Arrange to allow some “layer” effects and then secure with hot glue.
- Take your poof flowers and use hot glue to secure them around the paper plate as you see fit.
- If you made other types of flowers (you can find about a million tutorials for paper flowers on Pinterest), you can add them in around the calla lily’s and poof flowers to help fill in spaces.
- Take some ribbon and wrap it around the stems of the calla lily’s to make a pretty handle and then tie off the ends and let the extra dangle.