I first headed to Walmart to grab her favorite snacks. The PEDIGREE® JUMBONE™ and PEDIGREE® DENTASTIX™ are an absolute favorite for our pups. I also grabbed the ingredients to make a puppy safe cake. I found a recipe for pumpkin dog cake online and it turned out great. The frosting is a yogurt peanut butter mix and our girls scarfed this down! I baked the cake as directed and set up Mia’s birthday party and treats for our first holiday celebration!
- First I folded the sheet in half inside out.
- Then I laid the two pillows on the folded sheet and cut the sheet to fit the pillows. I left about 5 inches on each side of the pillows so I could tie those together.
- Next I cut squares from each corner.
- Then I fringed the edges. Each fringe piece was about 1.5 inches wide.
- Next I tied double knots in the fringe on three sides of the bed.
- Then I flipped the fabric right side out and I inserted the pillows next.
- To close the 4th side of the bed, I would tie double knots in the fringe and then tuck the tails and tied the next knot.
- Continue tying and tucking until the bed is closed.
I did have some helpers in this process. Our girls were just so ready to have this party start, I tell ya! The girls looked so pretty that I just had to get a photo while I was crafting!
Voila! The bed, treats and party were ready and so were the pups! I think our other pup was a bit jealous that Mia was getting her very own pet bed for her birthday, so I am totally going to make one for the holiday’s for our other special girl. I love my pets and I want to treat them to a happy holiday season too!
We started the party by singing happy birthday to our Mia girl and her excitement for that cake was just too much! We did put candles on the cake which is why it looks so bright on the photo and the kids blew out the candles for our Mia and made a wish.
We then served up the cake and true to form, Mia took her time savoring every single bite, while Lily tried to eat the entire piece of cake in one bite. It was pretty fun to watch our puppy’s eat the cake!
The birthday girl was pretty sad that I had her wear the hat, but come on, you only turn 9 once and this is a big deal! She was also ready for the treats!
After the cake it was treat time and the girls knew exactly what was coming. Those PEDIGREE® JUMBONE™ treats are their favorites. Both girls grabbed their bones and went to their favorite places in the house to start snacking. Lily of course walked around and around laying down and chewing her JUMBONE™ and then getting up and moving and repeating. This girl is silly.
Our Mia however, was all about laying by her bed (oddly enough) and enjoying her favorite treat. I would say her birthday was fantastic and although she is slowing down, we anticipate her being here through the holidays too! I really want to make the holiday’s just as special for her so I am already planning for the weeks ahead.