Mexican food is my favorite. Literally, my mom was somewhat raised by a wonderful hispanic lady who taught her to cook better than most restaurants. My mom’s green chile is pretty much to die for. Luckily my mom has taught me a couple things. I leave the green chile up to her, but I figure on this Cinco De Mayo, I would share 3ish of my go to Mexican recipes!
This recipe is simple and easy. The recipe can be found HERE. It is easily my most popular recipe on Pinterest and takes minimal effort. With a busy schedule like mine, that is critical.
If you want to take the same recipe above and go a more typical Enchilada route, make sure to grab some corn tortillas and olive oil. The chicken is prepared the same as above.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan
- Place a tortilla in the oil and “fry (not to a crisp)” the tortilla until it bubbles. Flip it over and do the same to the other side.
- Drain the excess oil off (I use a paper towel). Your tortilla should be malleable now and not break when rolling the enchilada.
- Grab a casserole dish and take your chicken mixture. Place a spoonful on the “cooked” tortilla and then roll it up. Repeat until the pan is full.
- Top with 1/2 a can of enchilada sauce and cheese and bake until the cheese is melted.
Guacamole is one of our families favorite snacks. I wish we could grow an avocado tree here in Colorado because I could eat these on the daily! The recipe can be found in my original bamboo cutting board post at the bottom. So simple and easy!