If you have been following along, I have been sharing various door decor that I am making to make my home feel more inviting and festive. I love celebrating the holidays but what do you do with your door when there is not a holiday? Well monogrammed door wreaths are all the rage but so expensive. I knew that I could come up with something just as cute for 1/4 of the price. Check out my easy monogrammed door wreath DIY below!
- Monogram Letter: $1.00 at Wal*mart plain, used a little acrylic paint I had left over to make the polka dots.
- Burlap flowers: $1.00 for a package of 2 in the Target dollar bins.
- Burlap Ribbon: $2.00 at Michaels (with a coupon for 40% off).
- Grape Vine Wreath: $3.00 in Target dollar bins
- Old Key on Twine: $1.00 in the Michaels dollar area.
- Lace: Broke off an old shirt= FREE
Now you are probably thinking that I ran around to 15 different stores but honestly, I just snag little items here and there with somewhat of a vision in mind. I knew that I wanted to use the grapevine above so I needed some color combos to offset the already bright aqua. Burlap is hugely popular and relatively inexpensive so that was an easy find and the other items I just grabbed on days that I was browsing randomly. Stores tend to go with the same themes so it is easy to make something with a beachy feel or a vintage feel or with chalkboard or gold because those are the styles that are in. What is great is that you can mix and match from various stores and really make your wreath your own. So back to the important thing here, my grand total on this wreath was $10.00!
In order to make this wreath work, I needed a bow. I had made a hugely ugly bow a few weeks ago and decided that although I liked the style I needed something smaller. The picture below takes you step by step in how to make the bow. I used hot glue to adhere the pieces and also a small piece of twine to bunch the center of the bow up.
Once the bow was made it was time to just glue stuff on randomly and make it look great. I just went with what I thought looked good and hoped it turned out beautifully.
|Glued on the flowers|
|Attached the monogrammed letter but had to glue from the back, because the glue was seeping through the vines off of the letter.|