It is no secret that I am running low on resources…mainly sleep and energy. One of the only aspects getting me through lately is coffee. Copious amounts of delicious coffee. However, I am not one of those straight black coffee folks. I like mine with some fluff and sweetness to it. Driving to our local coffee retailer and dropping $5.00 on a drink is just not in the budget financially or time wise. I am limited folks and honestly I NEED coffee to get me through, so here is how I still indulge and keep my sanity.
Look time is money people and it is a limited resource in my life. I spend much of my time in front of a computer planning lessons, writing papers for graduate school, doing research, teaching, blogging and a whole host of other things. I average about 4-5 hours of sleep a night between computer work and that major aspect of my life…parenting. Pretty much from the moment I wake to the moment I go to sleep I am consistently moving. It is insanity some days and the only thing that gets me through is coffee.
However, I got into a bad habit over the last year and dropped a ridiculous amount of money on those chain coffee stores. I had to stop, but I still need my sweet coffee. So I found these great Folger Flavors concentrated flavor enhancers and decided to create a coffee drink that I can enjoy. This is saving me money, time and still allowing me my indulgence.
- 6 Cups of Folgers Coffee (Brewed)
- 3 cups of ice cubs
- 2 TBS of sugar
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 squirt of each of the Vanilla and Caramel Folgers Flavors Enhancers
- Whipped topping & Chocolate syrup (optional)
- Brew your coffee as you normally would, if you have time put this in the fridge to cool down, if not just put it in your blender once it is not scalding hot.
- Add the ice, milk, sugar & Folgers Flavors to the coffee in the blender and mix.
- Pour in your favorite cup and top with whipped topping and chocolate syrup
YouTube sensation Mike Tompkins knows a busy life too and remixed the original Folgers Jingle. Check it out below:
Are you interested in trying out these awesome Folgers Flavors? Enter to win 2 samples of Folgers Flavors! Enter the Rafflecopter Below and please note that contest entrants are only eligible to win once per sweepstake, per household as part of a campaign sponsored by Influence Central.