This is just too delicious and easy not to share. Do you love kraut burgers? Us too, however, the prep work and time it takes to make these is just not doable in our household, so I improvised and came up with this delicious kraut burger pie!
If you are unsure what Kraut burgers are, they are simply just sauerkraut and ground beef typically with some seasoning, wrapped in a dough ball and baked to perfection. They typically take a few hours to make and cook and in my life, I just do not have that time.
So I came up with a way to enjoy the deliciousness of the kraut burgers without the time. This only took about 30 minutes to prepare and cook!
My favorite part is that it is simple on the ingredients. Just 4 items are needed but you can add many more! In addition to what is pictured sometimes I add mushrooms and other veggies and various seasonings to taste depending on my mood. However, normally I stick to these 4 ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to 450°
- Unroll 1 of the pie crusts and lay in your pie pan, trim edges
- Brown 1 lb of ground beef
- Once browned, then mix in the can of drained sauerkraut and about 1tsp of garlic salt.
- Simmer for about 3 minutes
- Pour your mixture into your pie crust
- Unroll your second pie crust and place on top of the pie.
- Tuck the edges under the bottom pie crust
- Cut holes in top