Three weeks ago, I was basically the worst host ever. With the summer of surgeries occurring, the pain meds taking effect, my cell phone deciding to just not work properly and a whole spur of the moment trip to Disneyland on the horizon, I completely screwed up hosting my best friend and her family for the weekend. After that fiasco, I decided I needed to prepare myself for entertaining house guests on short notice.
You guys, I never put any of the conversations that I had with my friend together and several of the phone calls and texts she had made, never came through. I felt so bad. I only get to see her every few years and she was coming out for her high school reunion. She had wanted to stay at our house which I found out last minute and unfortunately I just couldn’t make that happen. My house was a wreck. Like embarrassingly dirty, and disorganized (which if you know me or you read this blog often, you know this is NOT me). I basically lived on the couch for 2 weeks while I recovered from my hysterectomy and I just could not get my home ready for house guests…only to also leave for our own little vacation during the time they were here.
See terrible planning and worst host ever, right? Well, I wanted to be prepared in the future if my friend (who forgave me and still loves me and also got a sweet hotel room that was much nicer than the hot mess she might have had to stay in) and her family decide to come visit again! So I came up with 3 Easy Ways to Prepare for House Guests on short notice.
1. Call a Cleaning Company: This was an afterthought on our 15 hour car ride to Disneyland. I totally could have just had a cleaning company come and put my home back together, with little to no stress on me, which would have also left me time to get other things ready.
2. Order In: From delivery services to groceries, everything is at the touch of a phone (or screen) at this point. Stop stressing about feeding people and just plan to order in. You can easily have groceries ready for pick up and make a fun evening with your guests cooking meals together and laughing. We all know that the kitchen is where the party is anyway!
3. Purchase an Airbed: We have 1 twin bed and that is it for a “guest bed” in our home. We also basically have filled every nook and cranny of our house and I had no idea where I could have 4 grown adults sleep. Having an air mattress like this Fortech queen airbed would have been an easy fix and quick set up and take down for my house guests.
I actually saw this at Walmart last week and thought it was surely something that I needed to purchase. Some of the selling features for me are below:
- Queen size Fortech airbed measures 80in. x 60in. x 17in. (2.03m x 1.52m x 43cm). Includes built-in 110-120V~ electric AlwayzAire pump (ETL approved) which continuously monitors and maintains air pressure.
- Inflates in 150 seconds.
- Clear, user-friendly pump panel.
- Easy, one click operation.
- Three options for airbed firmness.
- Internal sensors constantly detect air pressure and silent pump engages to maintain constant firmness.
- Soft back light easily displays level settings even in a darkened room.
- Great for indoor use, with canvas-feel fabric top, sides and bottom.
- Unique rib and surround frame design offers advanced support and helps to eliminate roll offs. Designed with sturdy Y-beam construction.
- Includes one airbed and one travel bag.
This is basically perfect for me and any house guests that stay with us. Just lay it out in my living room, click a button and it inflates. Boom, instant comfortable bed!
Bonus for my readers and anyone that purchases, is that Alwayzaire is giving away a sweet SaluSpa Miami, which would make entertaining those house guests even more awesome just by entering their Facebook Giveaway. Follow the directions below to enter!
- Purchase an Alwaysaire bed from Walmart.com or Walmart.
- Take a photo of yourself using the bed or next to and be fun and wacky
- Post your photo under the comment section of the Bestway Facebook contest post.