Lately, busy and overwhelmed seem to be at the forefront of my vocabulary. That is what I get for working full time, completing grad school, playing roller derby, writing this blog and above all taking care of my family. This is why it is critical that I have easy go to dishes that clean up in a snap and are delicious. These 1 Dish Garlic Potato Pork Chops are a family favorite and save time too!
Before I get to far in, I need to confess that my camera encrypted some photos so although I took a ton, these were the only ones that were not encrypted. Thanks for bearing with me and just imagine how amazing my photos would be!
This recipe takes about 5 minutes to prep and about 20-30 to cook depending on how thick your pork chops are. The fact that it is a quick prep and fairly quick cook time is exactly what I need as a busy mom. I also love that this meal is only one dish to really clean.
- 4 pork chops (thawed)
- 1 can of green beans
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled
- 2 TBS minced garlic
- 1 stick of salted butter
- Seasonings to taste (salt, pepper, garlic salt, etc)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Wash, Peel and chop up your potatoes. You can also use frozen potatoes as well to save time. We have found that we need to microwave our potato chunks in the microwave on high for about 5 minutes to help soften them before they bake.
- In your baking dish, lay your pork chops down and season with whatever seasons you desire. We prefer a little salt, pepper and garlic salt.
- Open the can of green beans, drain and pour on one side of the pork chops.
- Once the potatoes have been microwaved, pour them on the opposite side of the pork chop dish.
- Cut your stick of butter into 6 generally even pieces and place 3 of those pieces on the green beans and the other 3 on the potatoes. You can season these to taste if you would like to as well.
- Spread the minced garlic on the center of the pork chops fairly evenly.
- Place in the oven and back for 20-30 minutes until pork chops are cooked through.
|Imagine this cooked and seeping in juicy amazingness.|
The pork chops will be delicious, the potatoes tend to have a little crunch to them and the green beans have great flavor as well. Our kids eat these up and the hubby and I tend to fight over left overs! Make this! You will not regret it!