We enjoyed a fun family night at Christmas in Color this past week. Check out our 3 reasons we love Christmas in Color and get some quick tips for your visit too!
Disclosure: We partnered with Christmas in Color. All opinions are my own.
Christmas in Color!
I wasn’t sure we would even be able to make it to Christmas in Color. We have been extremely busy for what seems like forever, and everytime we planned to attend this awesome light spectacular in Colorado, something came up and ruined our plans. We were able to get to Christmas in Color on Monday and it was great!
Christmas in Color is hosted at Water World and features 1.5 million lights synchronized to music on a mile long drive that allows families to enjoy this Holiday Light Display from the comfort of their vehicles. At just $27.00 a vehicle, it is a great way for families young and old to enjoy the magic of the holidays.
3 Reasons We Love Christmas in Color
This year was the second year we were able to enjoy Christmas in Color. Last year it was just the kids and I, but this year, my husband was able to join us and we enjoyed it even more. We truly had a great time and spent a lot of time ohhhing and aweing over the lights and spending time together. We thought we would share our 3 reasons we love Christmas in Color.
1. Unique Lights & Music
When you first drive up on Christmas in Color, you can see the huge amount of trees, drive through arches, and so many lights. Everything is choreographed to a sequence of music that is unique to Christmas in Color. They play songs that are not the typical overplayed holiday music and that really bring a bit of pep and excitement to the light sequences. You just tune your radio into the provided station and enjoy the show!
2. Light Show for ALL Ages
Christmas in Color is super easy for everyone of all ages in any weather. If they can get into a car, they can enjoy the lights and we love that. It is super nice to be able to stay in your own vehicle and still get a great light show while staying warm.
$27.00 a car is a great price for a family to enjoy time together in the comfort of their own vehicle. The site says that they do not charge by person, just keep it legal. Considering prices for other holiday light displays are per person and very expensive, this is a great way to treat the entire family to some fun…oh and also they have a happy hour where you can either go through twice or bring a second car!
Quick Tips for Visiting Christmas in Color
Christmas in Color is open currently through January 4th, 2020. If you missed seeing the lights during the main holiday season, you still have a little over a week to catch them! The holiday season was super busy, but we have some quick tips for visiting Christmas in Color
- Fill up that gas tank: There is a wait, you will be driving SLOWLY through the display.
- Bring a Camera: These are iPhone photos, but we saw a ton of people with their actual cameras and now I wish I had mine too.
- Pack Snacks: You can eat in your own car, do it, get that hot chocolate going and some sweet treats and enjoy the show.
- Put those Kids in PJ’s: Shoot put yourself in PJ’s and relax and you cruise on through comfortable.
- Get There Early: We arrived an hour before our scheduled time and got in about 15 minutes prior to our time slot. People love Christmas in Color and although they are very streamlined, you can still expect to wait.
- BUY TICKETS NOW: They have been selling out like crazy, so get those tickets here.