Summer is a wonderful time for everyone in our family. Our kids have their mama back full time and no school. My husband takes vacation so we get to be together more and our puppies get to be out and about and not in their dog run for the majority of the day.
I really like to give our pets some extra special attention when I am home. We recently just redid our dog feeding station and I wanted to make a special Pet Cookie Jar to accent that and to remind myself to #ShareFunshine with my furbabies too!
Pedigree Dentistix® is our treat of choice because it promotes oral health to reduce plaque and tarter build up. We need something like this because our dogs will not let us brush their teeth and wrestling a 70-80 lb dog is just not happening.
I also appreciate that my dogs do not scarf them down very fast. Their texture is great and it takes my dogs a bit of time to really eat them. They enjoy it too!
Now summer is not just about our dogs enjoying their treats, with so many family and friend gatherings this summer I needed to pull out some fantastic recipes to #ShareFunshine with everyone. While I was at Walmart I grabbed a few our our favorite treats with some delicious recipes in mind to share with my family this week as we prep for my little sisters wedding.
If you want to #ShareFunshine you can click here to receive instant savings on Starburst® Minis Unwrapped, SNICKERS® Ice Cream Bars, Dr Pepper® Cherry, Skittles® and Pedigree Dentistix®! You can also enter the Share a Little Funshine Sweepstakes and enter to win a $100.00 Walmart e-gift card that is up for grabs each day! I know I entered, and you should too!
- Dr Pepper® Cherry
- Vanilla or Chocolate Ice Cream of choice
- Ice cream toppings
- Pour your ice cold Dr Pepper® Cherry into your cup of choice
- Take a scoop of vanilla (or chocolate) ice cream and plop it on top
- Top with whipped topping and chocolate and enjoy!
- SNICKERS® Ice Cream Bars (4-6)
- 1 graham cracker pre made pie crust
- 1 tub of whipped topping
- 1 package of cream cheese pudding mix
- 1 cup of milk
- 1/4 cup of powdered sugar
- 2 cups of softened vanilla ice cream
- Pour the softened vanilla ice cream into the bottom of the pie crust. Place in freezer for about 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and unwrap 4-6 SNICKERS® Ice Cream Bars and press them into the vanilla ice cream. Place in freezer again for another 10-15 minutes.
- While you are waiting on that, grab a mixing bowl and pour the pudding mix, whipped topping, powdered sugar and milk in and use a whisk to whip up the topping.
- Remove the pie from the freezer and pour the cheesecake topping on. You can also cut up some SNICKERS® Minis to decorate the top.
- Place in freezer for an hour.
- Remove, cut and serve.
- 1 bag of popped instant popcorn
- 3 cups of Pretzels
- 1/2 a bag of Skittles® 14oz bag
- 1/2 a bag of Starburst® Minis Unwrapped
- 1 cup Cashews
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl and munch away!
We are up in the mountains right now and have been enjoying these snacks so much. My sister gets married tomorrow and we have been working tirelessly for the last 4 days to ready the mountain retreat for an obscene amount of amazing guests. Our pups have been enjoying their treats and we have too. Summer has been epic so far and with only 3 weeks left I cannot wait to see what else it brings.
**Make sure to download the Blippar app from your Apple or Android store to scan you package and receive exclusive content.