Seriously why do I always dread parent teacher conferences? They are fantastic! I get to meet parents, I get to help my students and I apparently get complimented ALL NIGHT!
I think I set a record last night of most parents seen in a 3.5 hour period! 50 parents and students came to visit and it was awesome. I always invite parents as I like to stay busy and boy was I busy all night.
The best part were all the compliments that I was hearing. Here is just a few of the ones that just gave me the warm fuzzies and confirmed why I LOVE being a teacher!
- You communicate so well
- My kid has never been more organized with any other teacher
- I hear a lot of great stories about you, its like I am learning with my student, what a great way to transfer information.
- You’re my kids favorite teacher
- You’re class is my students favorite and they haven’t said that since 3rd grade.
- I don’t know what you are doing, but you’re amazing at it.
- Can you teach me how to keep my kid in line the way you do, she seems to respect the hell out of you.
- Thank you for the emails and reminders it is very helpful to all of us.
- From the admin: “A parent came up to me and said that even though their son was not even close to failing, you still contacted home and asked for them to come to conferences. They said you were the ONLY teacher to do that. We need more teachers like you.”