Working in a shared workspace has its challenges. Distractions are abundant and focus is usually tough. Check out why I think these Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 are a must have cubicle staple!
Disclosure: I am partnering with Best Buy. All opinions are my own.
Shared Workspace Issues
Most of us go to work in an office of some sort and we often share workspaces. My office is a school building and our building does not have individual teacher classrooms. In fact, I teach in 3-4 classrooms during a typical school day, so my only personal space is my desk in our staff center. Our staff center has over 40 desks in it and during any one class hour there is between 10-20 teachers sharing that space.
Teachers are talkers. It is what we do and we like people, so you can imagine the amount of noise in a space that is also for us to plan, grade and collaborate. It is a lot and it is very distracting. I would be lying if I said that I was focused during my off hours and that I wasn’t participating in these discussions. Often, in order to get any work done, teachers in our building end up having to leave their desk space to find a quiet space to work. This is an issue.
Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones
Headphones are something we all have in our desks. It is our small effort to tune out the noise and business of the staff centers. I have been through about 20 different options of headphones and earbuds and FINALLY I have found a solution that actually keeps the noise out and allows me to focus on what I need to get done. The Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 are THE headphones to help get work done in busy spaces.
Features of The Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones
- A new acoustic design allows the Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 to provide the best noise cancelling performance of ANY Bose headphones out there, while still allowing you to transition from complete isolation to being fully aware of your surroundings.
- Compatibility with IOS with a simple app download.
- A simple button tap, allows you to re-engage with the world around you and allows you to be aware of your environment, giving you ultimate control of what you hear and what you don’t.
- A 4-microphone system that adapts to your environment to isolate your voice from the noises around you, so that you could take a call, talk to your voice assistant or in my case, make follow up video lessons from the comfort of my desk!
- Innovative audio-only augmented reality. Utilizing sensors built into the headphones to superimpose sound on top of the real world.
- A new touch interface provides intuitive gesture-based controls for managing your content, while three dedicated buttons provide direct access to some of the headphones’ most important features. But, sometimes your hands aren’t free and you can’t easily access the headphone or phone user interface. This is where Bose worked closely with key partners to integrate wake-up word support right into the headphones. Just say the trigger word for your favorite voice assistant (where available) and proceed with your task.
I am walking into my building tomorrow for my 11th year of teaching. I am also working pretty much full time on this blog as well and need to utilize my time at work more efficiently. I have just 2.5 hours each work day to get all of my planning, grading, and preparation for the next day done, and with 180 students that is a lot to accomplish. I won’t have time for distractions anymore, and with these Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700, I no longer have to worry about those distractions.
These headphones are a cubicle staple for anyone that works in a shared workspace. I am so excited to use mine from here on out and to really see my efficiency and productivity increase. I have been testing them at home lately, while I work and the kids watch TV and run around like maniacs, and they have already helped me stay focused but also allowed me to tune back into my surroundings easily.
The fit is so gentle and the headphones are light. They feel like little pillows around my ears and the sound quality is exactly what you would expect from Bose. Crisp, clean and immersive. These headphones are also wireless and with 20 hours of charge time, I wont have to constantly be charging these sweet cubicle staples. If you are looking for a solution to help tune out those distractions around you, check out these headphones at Best Buy now.