These Mummy Fruit Pastries are sure to be a party hit. Super simple to make, with just 5 ingredients!
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Roll out one pie crust on a counter, and cut off the rounded edges to make a square shape.
3. Cut the square pie crust into four equal rectangular shapes.
4. Place the pie filling into a blender or food processor to break up the large pieces of fruit.
5. Smooth 2 teaspoons of pie filling in an even layer over the top of each of the four pie crust squares.
6. Roll out the other pie crust, and cut it in half lengthwise.
7. Cut each half of the pie crust into long thin strips.
8. Place strips along the top of the fruit layered crust pieces, and pinch the edges underneath to seal them.
9. Continue to criss-cross strips of pie crust dough to make the pastries look like a mummy.
10. Be sure to leave some room for the candy eyes towards the top of each pastry.
11. Bake the pastries on a parchment lined baking sheet for 15-20 minutes until golden brown and cooked through.
12. Brush 1 tbsp of melted butter over the pastries, and sprinkle them with cinnamon sugar.
13. Press two candy eyes into the front of each mummy fruit pastry and serve.