If you are searching for an incredible, tasty and healthy zucchini ravioli recipe, you have found the place to be. This low carb Chicken Bacon Zucchini Ravioli Bake is incredible!
We grow a wonderful garden every single year and have amazing success. Even with the massive hail storm that wrecked havoc on our home and yard earlier this summer, we are still having a bountiful feast and so many zucchini’s that I am using them in all sorts of recipes! This week we tried the zucchini ravioli that I have been seeing online, but added our own amazing twist and had to share.
A Quick Walkthrough
Prep your ingredients and preheat the oven to 350º. Use a vegetable peeler to make long thin slices of your zucchini and gather shredded chicken breast, ricotta cheese and bacon pieces. I used foster farms shredded chicken and Kroger real bacon bits along with some random ricotta cheese. I am all about quick and easy ingredients so the ready made bacon bits and shredded chicken are always on hand in our home. Mix the ricotta, bacon and chicken together for the next step.
Next take a couple slices of zucchini and cross them like a lowercase t. Add a dollop of your chicken, bacon and ricotta mixture to the cross of the t and then roll up the mixture in the zucchini slices. There is no special way to do this, just wrap that dollop up :). Place your zucchini raviolis in a pre-greased baking dish.
Top the zucchini raviolis with your favorite pasta sauce. I like the Neuman’s Own pasta sauces because they are pretty low carb for a store bought pasta sauce. Once that is complete, grab some shredded mozzarella and sprinkle it generously atop the pasta sauce. Pop the chicken bacon ravioli bake into the oven for about 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and a little crisp on the edges.
Low Carb Chicken Bacon Zucchini Ravioli Bake
This incredible low carb chicken bacon zucchini ravioli bake will be a family favorite and is so easy to make.
- 1 medium zucchini sliced thin long ways
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded chicken breast cooked
- 1/4 cup real bacon bits
- 1 jar low carb pasta sauce
- 1.5 cup mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 350º
2. Slice the zucchini into long thin slices.
3. Mix the chicken, bacon and ricotta in a small bowl.
4. Grease a baking dish.
5. Lay two slices of zucchini in a lowercase t formation and place a dollop of your chicken, bacon and ricotta mixture at the cross. Wrap the mixture in the zucchini and place in the baking dish.
6. Repeat until all zucchini is used.
7. Top the raviolis with the pasta sauce and mozzarella cheese.
8. Bake for 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and a little crisp on the edges.
Low Carb Information
I know you are coming here for the details on how low carb this recipe is. This recipe makes 9 servings with each serving containing just under 4 grams of carbs most coming from the pasta sauce, which is why you really need to read the labels and find one that is lower in carbs or you can google “keto pasta sauce” and make your own.