Next month we celebrate educators everywhere and thank them for the work they put in shaping America’s youth. To celebrate teacher appreciation with Chuze Fitness, I am sharing a sweet deal and my own experience walking into a gym for the first time!
Disclosure: I am partnering with Chuze fitness. All opinions are my own.
Stepping Out of my Comfort Zone
I have spent years going back and forth on the best way to manage my mental and physical health. Like most people I jump into something, see some success and then slowly back off bringing me right back to the same place I started. I have tried a ton of options but never have I actually joined a gym.
I don’t particularly like working out, however, after the last 2 years, I felt like I needed a change and I needed to try something just a bit different. Being a teacher in a pandemic and a mom put stress on me that I didn’t know even existed. My physical and mental health plummeted and I am just now starting to dig myself back out. Research shows that physical activity improves mental health and so I stepped out of my comfort zone and decided that I needed to join a gym, and I chose Chuze Fitness.
My First Gym Experience
I walked into Chuze Fitness really nervous. Honestly, I was certain that I was going to walk in and walk back out. However, the amazing receptionist at Chuze, greeted me and offered to walk me around on a tour, and give me some pointers and tips to get me started. After the tour, I decided to give it a go and I hopped on the treadmill.
I walked for nearly 20 minutes and it just flew by, I was enjoying some TV, and focusing on breathing and didn’t even realize how fast it went. After the treadmill I worked through a few other areas and then finished my 45 minute workout with a hydromassage.
Yeah you read that right. I worked out and then got to sit in a quiet room and relax while my body got a nice massage and my mind got to rest. Honestly, it was perfect and the endorphins I felt after getting through my nerves, working out at my pace and actually taking care of myself were incredible.
Why Chuze Fitness?
Gyms are intimidating to me, so finding the right gym was really important. There were a few perks that I felt set Chuze apart.
- Cost: Chuze is offering a 14 day free trial with a $0 enrollment fee when you sign up, however, I signed up because Chuze Fitness is offering 60 days free for Teacher Appreciation Month.
- Amenities: A big part of the reason that I decided to try Chuze Fitness was the amenities. I wanted to go to the gym but also have a bit of a mental retreat. Chuze offers a pool and hot tub, saunas, hydromassage and even Chuze Cinema!
- Kid Friendly: I have used my kids as excuses more times than I can count. It is difficult to get childcare for our family and so I just wouldn’t go. Well Chuze has a Kids Club for children 6 months to 12 years old. Parents can check them in, get their workout completed and know that their kids are cared for in a secure, clean and fun place to play.
- Classes & Support:I like taking group classes, so it was important for me to find a gym that had a consistent class schedule with fitness classes that I actually enjoy and instructors that are genuinely excited to be there. In addition, they have an entire space dedicated to team training where you can get support from a personal trainer!
- Chuze Fitness On-Demand: Can’t make it to the gym but still want to get a workout in? Chuze Fitness offers free at-home workouts including Yoga, HIIT, team training, Pilates and more! There is also iChuzeFitness which has various fitness classes hosted by Chuze trainers in a virtual setting. No excuses, just motivation.
Teacher Appreciation with Chuze Fitness!
Teacher Appreciation is upon us and I think it is awesome that Chuze Fitness is recognizing the work that educators have put in and the need for a stress release and some physical fitness too. Teachers, Administrators and school staff can join between now and May 6th and get 60 days free at any Colorado Chuze Fitness location!
I love that it is allowing me to get out of my comfort zone and challenge me in a place that feels welcoming and has so much support both inside and outside of the gym. If you are interested in joining, check out this link for details.