I have really been into more creative play with my kids. I think it is…
With Halloween on the horizon and parties starting to hit our schedules, party food is on the mind! You have to try these incredible Mummy Fruit Pastries! They are sure to WOW any party goers!
Mummy Fruit Pastries
You came here for the recipe, I know that, but I am a visual storyteller and learner, so of course I am going to share the step-by-step photos of how to make these incredible mummy fruit pastries. They are already drool worthy, so of course I know you are ready to get your hands into this!
Grab your pie crust. You want these to be flaky and amazing, so roll out your pie crust on the counter and then cut off the rounded edges and slice into rectangles.
Take those rounded corners that you cut off and slice them into stripes to cover your mummy. You want to use the entire pie crust.
Blend up your pre-made pie filling to break up the larger chunks of fruit and then spread it on your rectangular pie sheet. Leave a bit of the edge clear so that you can easily adhere the mummy wrappings.
Place strips along the top of the fruit layered crust pieces, and pinch the edges underneath to seal them. Continue to criss-cross strips of pie crust dough to make the pastries look like a mummy. Be sure to leave some room for the candy eyes towards the top of each pastry.
Finally pop these pastries into the oven for 15-20 minutes. Remove and brush with butter, sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and then add a couple candy eyes!
Mummy Fruit Pastries
These Mummy Fruit Pastries are sure to be a party hit. Super simple to make, with just 5 ingredients!
- 1 Can Fruit pie filling of your choice
- 2 Crust Ready Made Pie Crusts
- 1 pkg Candy Eyes
- 1 tbsp Melted Butter
- 1 tsp Cinnamon Sugar
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Roll out one pie crust on a counter, and cut off the rounded edges to make a square shape.
3. Cut the square pie crust into four equal rectangular shapes.
4. Place the pie filling into a blender or food processor to break up the large pieces of fruit.
5. Smooth 2 teaspoons of pie filling in an even layer over the top of each of the four pie crust squares.
6. Roll out the other pie crust, and cut it in half lengthwise.
7. Cut each half of the pie crust into long thin strips.
8. Place strips along the top of the fruit layered crust pieces, and pinch the edges underneath to seal them.
9. Continue to criss-cross strips of pie crust dough to make the pastries look like a mummy.
10. Be sure to leave some room for the candy eyes towards the top of each pastry.
11. Bake the pastries on a parchment lined baking sheet for 15-20 minutes until golden brown and cooked through.
12. Brush 1 tbsp of melted butter over the pastries, and sprinkle them with cinnamon sugar.
13. Press two candy eyes into the front of each mummy fruit pastry and serve.
Are you ready to make these incredible Mummy Fruit Pastries?
Disclosure: This post contains amazon affiliate links. Any purchases made through the links will result in a small commission for this website.