Did you know:
- That 1 out of 8 babies born each year are premature and can be born with compromised immune systems, developmental delays, and nutritional deficiencies.
- Human breast milk contains well over 100 “ingredients” that provides babies with proteins, calories and most importantly the immune factors that formula just cannot provide. More “ingredients” are being researched and discovered constantly and a recent one is being shown to actually KILL cancer cells!
- Human breast milk banks have existed for over 100 years.
- One ounce of human milk can feed a NICU infant for a DAY!
- Human milk donations can SAVE a babies life!
|Donated milk. The milk in the bags needs to be processed and the milk in the containers above is already processed and ready to ship to save a baby!|
Once the milk arrives at the milk bank it is stored in freezers, then pooled together into large flasks (seen below) and poured into sanitized glass bottles. The milk is pooled together to get a quality amount of fat and calories that hospitals require and is tested for these components as well. The milk is pasteurized and the bottles are then cooled and placed in the freezers. The milk is also tested for bacteria and waits in quarantine before it is sent to recipient hospitals and babies! Once the milk tests are done and the milk is cleared, the milk is distributed!
|I took this through a window…this is a completely sanitary and sterile environment.|
|Milk being packaged for distribution|