Christmas season is not complete in our house without a night of The Polar Express. Last night ABC Family had a late showing of it but TONIGHT it will be on 7pm EST! If you are anything like my family, Christmas movies help get you in the spirit and they are also a wonderful way to share time with your family. So make sure to “catch” The Polar Express tonight!
|Photo Courtesy: http://egyptiantheatre.org/events/movie-polar-express/|
If you have never watched The Polar Express, you are totally missing out. This beautiful story follows the idea that believing is not seeing and is wonderfully animated and acted. The general premise of the storyline is that several young kids are chosen to ride The Polar Express to the North Pole to meet Santa Claus. Along the way various incidents happen that help one boy in particular understand that he needs to believe and trust. It is a great story and I truly hope that you and your family share a night together TONIGHT!
Like I said, my family and I ordered in pizza and watched the movie in our living room (big rarity now that the princess throws food everywhere). The entire movie the kids sat through just enthralled with it.
There is a particular scene in the movie about hot chocolate so I thought it would be great to make a special treat of hot chocolate with marshmallow canes! This was the perfect treat to watch the movie with!
- Wax paper
- Melting chocolate (12 oz)
- Glass bowl
- Mini peppermint candy canes (50-100)
- Rolling Pin
- Marshmallows (1 pkg)
- Melt the chocolate in your glass bowl. MAKE SURE TO FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS ON THE BAG and do not overheat. I made the overheating mistake first and a 2nd degree burn later the chocolate was ruined and I had to start over.
- Take your rolling pin and your mini candy canes and crush them. Pour the crushed pieces onto your plate in a good pile.
- Stick the long end of the candy cane into the top of the marshmallow. Push it down as far as it will go. Sat these on the wax paper.
- Once your chocolate is melted, dip the bottom end of your marshmallow into the chocolate
- Immediately after you dipped the marshmallow, roll it in the crushed candy canes. I found that if I rolled the sides first and then the bottom that the candy looked better.
- Sat the completed dipped marshmallows on the wax paper to dry. If you need to speed this drying up (it only take about 10 minutes to dry), you can pop these in the fridge for about 2 minutes and they will harden quickly.
- Repeat for all remaining marshmallow dippers.