- 12 oz of Brussel Sprouts
- 2 TBS chopped cooked bacon
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan chunks
- 1/4 stick of real butter
- Garlic salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Wash the Brussel sprouts and then cut them into fourths. Place these into an oven safe baking dish.
- Sprinkle on the bacon pieces and parmesan cheese
- Chop the butter into thin pieces and put on top of the sprouts
- Garlic salt and pepper lightly.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350º for 25-30 minutes
You can see above that we also had boneless pork chops. For my LCHF diet it is always a meat and some sort of veggie. I often need to bake dinner because I cannot stand over the stove and help with homework and play with my kids otherwise and our evening time is limited. I have found that taking a few pork chops, adding some seasoning salt, pepper, diced garlic and butter really makes dinner time easy. For this entire meal the prep time was about 10 minutes and while it was cooking I was able to be attentive to my children’s needs.
Our kids are starting to enjoy Brussel sprouts too so that is a bonus! I love easy meals and I love that this is nutritious for me. I know it seems like a lot of butter and you could use olive oil if you prefer that, however for my diabetes the butter is a good fat to add.