Disney’s Incredibles 2 arrives on Blu-ray and DVD On November 6th and you absolutely need to have an Incredible Family Movie Night with Jack Jacks Num Num Cookie Popcorn!
Disclosure: I was provided with a copy of the movie. All opinions are my own.
An Incredible Family Movie Night!
There is nothing that my family loves more than a night in, hanging in our PJ’s watching a movie and eating snacks. With the release of Disney’s Incredibles 2, I wanted to make it extra special since we are huge fans of these movies! I set up an INCREDIBLE family movie night, complete with a popcorn bar and family PJ’s.
We were walking through the store the other week and I spotted Incredibles family pajamas. I snagged a pair for each of us and plotted our family movie night. The kids and I were “super” into rocking these onesies, but the husband was reluctant.
While I set up the popcorn bar, I had everyone change into their Incredibles pajamas. We then made our own mix of Jack Jacks Num Num Cookie Popcorn and sat down to watch our favorite super family fight crime and save the day!
The kids and I saw the Incredibles 2 in the theater and loved it. The husband had not seen it yet and was cracking up during the entire movie. I personally love the storyline of Mr. Incredible being Mr. Mom while Elastigirl is off promoting supers everywhere. My husband started laughing hysterically when the math scene came up. We had literally had the same conversation in our home. The Incredibles 2 is very relatable and represents family dynamics well.
Jack Jacks Num Num Cookie Popcorn
I am all about simple and easy, especially when it comes to enjoying a nice relaxing night at home with the family. I wanted to make a little popcorn bar and knew that Jack Jack was going to be inspiration for this. A sweet and salty mixture is always a good idea and so I decided to pull together the Incredibles colors with some sweet and salty varieties!
Popcorn, chocolate chip cookies, pretzels, cookies and cream M&M’s and cherry licorice combine in the perfect mix, that definitely hit the spot during our incredible family movie night! Everyone made their own mixture and we all enjoyed a little themed treat.
We were lucky to get an advanced copy of the new Incredibles 2 Blu-ray combo pack. This comes with a DVD, Digital Code and of course the Blu-ray. The feature is full of incredible bonus features and even a new short with Auntie Edna that you have to see!
We watched the Auntie Edna short after watching the movie last night and completely cracked up. It totally explained how Edna discovered Jack Jacks unique abilities and was absolutely carried out only the way that our beloved Edna Mode would. Make sure that you grab the Blu-ray combo pack now, because you won’t want to miss out on this hysterical short!
Incredibles 2 Bonus Features:
Disney is known for their “incredible” bonus features. I want to be upfront that we have not made it through all of these because they have so many, but we definitely made sure to watch the Pixar short Bao (LOVED IT), Auntie Edna and the deleted scenes. All of them were awesome, but there are much more to explore. Take a look below.
- The Coolest Guy in Show Business – In this partially illustrated documentary, Samuel L. Jackson reflects how his childhood and love of comics shaped his passion for film and imaginative storytelling.
- 2 SuperScene Breakdowns – Casual commentary-style pieces looking at specific scenes in the film (The Racoon Fight and Mrs. Incredible) through a particular creative focus like action choreography, set design or story.
Blu-ray & Digital:
- All-New “Auntie Edna” Mini-Movie – When Bob Parr visits super-suit designer Edna Mode looking for help with his high-energy toddler Jack-Jack, Edna pulls an all-nighter designing a suit to harness the baby’s seemingly limitless powers.
- 10 Deleted Scenes With Introductions – Suburban Escape, Kari Revisited, Return of the Supers, Chewed Out, Late Audition, Slow Day, Frozone and Honey, Restaurant Robbery, Fashion Show and Security Breakdown.
- Super Stuff – From buildings and vehicles to costumes and props, every action movie requires a lot of really cool stuff. Meet the makers and learn what it takes to design and build such a uniquely incredible world.
- Heroes & Villains – A collection of mini-docs about the backstory and major design ideas behind the “Incredibles 2” characters — featuring voice actors, director Brad Bird, and Pixar artists talking about the many elements that make these characters feel real.
- Ralph Eggleston: Production Designer – This short piece explores the many ways a single production designer has influenced the look, feel and character of the Pixar universe, culminating in “Incredibles 2.”
- Strong Coffee: A Lesson in Animation with Brad Bird – Brad Bird’s passion for animation dates back to his childhood and mentorship under Disney’s Milt Kahl, and that enthusiasm and powerful insight emanates from every film he’s made. Take a deep dive into Brad’s early years at Disney Animation Studios and his time at Pixar.
- Paths to Pixar: Everyday Heroes – At its heart, “Incredibles 2” is about family dynamics and the challenges of being a working parent. Meet the parents of Pixar as they discuss their personal connections to the film and their experience with stretching to balance work and family.
- SuperBaby – A documentary/hip hop music video hybrid hosted by Frankie and Paige from Disney Channel’s Bizaardvark. This piece explores how Jack-Jack came to life onscreen — from design to special effects to animation — all set to a hot beat.
- Commentary – Get inside commentary from animators Alan Barillaro (supervising animator), Tony Fucile (supervising animator, story artist and character designer), Dave Mullins (supervising animator) and Bret Parker (animation second unit and crowds supervisor).
- Theatrical Short: “Bao” – An aging Chinese mom suffering from empty nest syndrome gets another chance at motherhood when one of her dumplings springs to life as a lively, giggly dumpling boy.
- Making “Bao” – Director Domee Shi shares her secret recipe for making an animated short — discussing how her rich cultural heritage, unique relationship with her mom, and her love of food all informed the making of the food-fantasy “Bao.”
- Outtakes & Stories – Raccoon Fight Story, Evelyn Animation Outtakes, Puppet Animator Interview, Outtakes Goofy Arms Story and SuperBaby Music Video.
- Character Theme Songs, Vintage Toy Commercial TV Spots , Toolkit Montage and Global “Incredibles 2” Trailers
- Theatrical Short: “Bao” & Commentary
Get your Copy
Every parent I have talked to is so excited to get their hands on the Incredibles 2 release. Time is counting down and you can bring home your Supers SOON! The adventure is available digitally on the Movies Anywhere app now and on Blu-ray 4k Ultra HD™, Blu-ray™ DVD and On-Demand on November 6th. Get your copy!